Sunday, 12 August 2012
By Tom Hardy, Nick Nolte
- Ryan embraces the extreme philosophy of Ayn Rand.
- Ryan wants to raises taxes on the middle class, cuts them for millionaires.
- Ryan wants to end Medicare, replace it with a voucher system.
- Ryan thinks Social Security is a "ponzi scheme."
- Ryan’s budget would result in 4.1 million lost jobs in 2 years.
- Ryan wants to eliminate Pell Grants for more more than 1 million students.
- Ryan supports $40 billion in subsides for big oil.
- Ryan has ownership stakes in companies that benefit from oil subsidies.
- Ryan claimed Romneycare has led to "rationing and benefit cuts."
- Ryan believes that Romneycare is "not that dissimilar to Obamacare."
- Ryan accused generals of lying about their support for Obama’s military budget.
- Ryan co-sponsored a “personhood” amendment, an extreme anti-abortion measure.
You don't pick a candidate this extreme unless you don't think you can win on your own. We saw the same thing last election when John McCain picked Sarah Palin. At least the Republicans have learned something from that debacle, and have vetted Ryan thoroughly. Hell, Romney's been quoting Ryan on his budget plan for his whole campaign. But basically, Romney's really going to have to step up his voter suppression now that he's lost the moderate undecided vote.